Friday, November 13, 2009

What I've learned about being a Mom - in a nut shell!



(Side note - what's up that in 3 out of these 4 pictures I am wearing the same shirt? Oh well, I guess that us mammas know that things like this seem to go by the waysides sometimes.)


This past year has been so incredible. I've learned a ton of new things from my new role as Mommy that I thought I would share just a few.
Being a mom means that (in my words/ramblings anyways):
  • you have the best job ever (well I don't really like calling it a job but that's the closest word I can think of right now)
  • you will look at life in a totally new way (it helps you to regain focus and remember what's truly important)
  • you will love someone in a way that you never have before (instantly you would give your life for this little person)
  • you will be closer to your Father in Heaven
  • you are truly blessed
  • you have had the opportunity to witness a miracle (of pregnancy & birth)
  • your life will never be the same again (in a good way though)
  • you have the most important responsibility
  • your patience will be tested to the max somedays
  • your house will never stay clean again for longer than a couple of hours
  • you learn one day at a time (no matter how many books you read while you were pregnant you just learn as you go)
  • you are tired almost all of the time
  • the days will go by faster
  • you will cry, smile, and laugh a lot more
I love you Mya bear!!!! - hugs and kisses

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is cute, and so true. I have learned so much and even though last night was anything but fun I still love my little Clay.