Friday, November 13, 2009

Mya's 1st Birthday Party!!!!

Hmmm. . . . What is this thing my mom is feeding me now? She usually just feeds me boring stuff that is supposedly healthy for me. How do I even go about eating this pink thing?
Well let's see . . . I'll first lift it up and try to take a big chunk out of it.
No, I think I'll set it back down and try something else.
Okay, I just smooshed my face in it and that worked out pretty good. Yummy, this thing called chocolate is delicious. Where was this stuff before? Enough of those fruits and vegetables mom.
Let me get every last lick of this heavenly stuff off my fingers.
Why are you guys still watching? Just leave me alone now and let me eat my cake.
I'm going in for another bite. I can't get enough of this.
Man, this is hard work.
I think I"m going to be sick now.

So like most first-time moms out there I had been thinking about/planning Mya's 1st birthday party in my head since oh she was probably like 6 months old. One of the hardest things I think was to decide on a theme. Finally, I decided to do a butterfly theme (liked the idea of look how our caterpillar has grown into a beautiful butterfly). Once I decided on that it was easy to come up with all of the details. The other hardest thing was to figure out where to have the birthday party (since we're temporarily in a small apt. right now we knew we couldn't squeeze everyone in here). The Oxfords were so kind to let us have the party there; however, all of the kids got sick the weekend of the party so I was back to square 1. Luckily, the Matsons (some lovely family friends), were so gracious to let us invade their house and do the party there. I was a bit stressed w/ the change of location and starting the party late (b/c of the husker game) but later on I realized that the most important thing was that Mya was surrounded by a lot of her family and friends that love her so much. (Luckily we had lots of family in town for the weekend of Mya's birthday - Grandpa & Grandma Hulse & McConnell; Mike, Natalie, & Clay; and Travis & Megan.) We had dinner, opened gifts (I had more fun opening Mya's gifts than she did I think - she was too sidetracked by everything else going on), and had cake. Mya got some adorable toys, hair accessories, clothes, books, etc. (Yes she's spoiled.) I made Mya her own little cake; it was so fun to watch her eat it because she loved it and made the biggest mess - as you can see from the pictures above. I am already excited for her next birthday and am going to remember not to stress about the little things so much (but I think I do have a theme - pumpkins). Anyways, Happy Birthday again to our beautiful butterfly Mya!!!!

No comments: