Friday, April 23, 2010

Housing situation

So obviously a lot has happened in the last few months with the house we built. So originally we had the intentions of building a house for us to live in. Well by the time we were completed with it (which was about a month ago) we decided it would be best for us to sell it. Brad did an amazing job with this project for it being the first house he's acted as the builder on. I am so proud of him. It was a ton of work and stress with contractors, crazy weather, etc but he did great dealing with it all on top of all the other normal work stuff. I'm glad I only had to do the fun part like picking out cabinets, countertops, carpet, etc. We both learned a lot. So anyways, back to our housing situation. Okay the house got done mid march and we were still living in our apartment. The house hadn't sold yet (we had it on the market while it was being built) so we decided to move into it but still leave it on the market. We moved in the end of March; it was the craziest, fastest move we've done yet. Then not even 2 weeks later we got a pretty good offer on it that we couldn't pass on. The couple seems so nice and they love the house. I don't blame them; I'm getting pretty spoiled living here & I'm not going to lie it's going to be hard to move out (oh well I got to enjoy it for a couple months). We close May 28th so that means we have about a month to regain some energy to move again. The question remains: Where are we moving to??? Well, good question. . . . we don't know!!!!!!!! We thought about building again but decided against that for now. Brad's been looking for houses for us like crazy. I'm not sure if we'll have to head back to an apartment or short term stay in the mean time. I really hope some good houses come on the market soon!!!!!!!! We've learned a lot from the last few houses we've owned so now we're a bit pickier so it might take us a little longer. I am ready to be done moving though at least for a couple years. On a little side note related to housing, we are gaining a roomate for the month of May. One of my good friends, Jaime (I worked w/ her at Union Pacific), will be staying with us. She is finishing up her masters in teaching and has to be out of her apartment this weekend. I'm so excited to get to hang out w/ her more b/c even though we've lived in the same town for the last year and a half we've both been crazy busy. Now I get to see her every day for almost a month, woo hoo! Brad will be a bit outnumbered w/ 3 girls in the house but he'll survive I think.
Of course pics will be coming soon of the house so stay tuned for those too!

1 comment:

amy said...

em! big changes for you guys! you'll find a house because everything always works out, right????? love you guys!