Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's new with Emily?

Well, once again I am behind on blogging but I am determined to be better this year about posting more. I can't believe it's 2010!!! That's crazy, it seems like it was just the year 2000. I am definately finding out that time goes even faster once you have kids, so scary. 2010 is off to a way busy start for me. January through March is about the busiest time for me at work and I am out doing a lot of presentations for all the kiddos. This last week I would have to say that I saw one too many 1st graders and made one too many "yummy bugs." The kids are so cute though. I was at Everett 1st grade doing a healthy snacking presentation and I was reviewing w/ the class about MyPyramid and some other things they learned from their "Healthy Me" kit when one little boy politely interrupted me and said, "Um, can we just get to the part where we get to eat our snack?" Either I was totally boring him or he was really hungry, probably the first one. I had to laugh; it was so funny. Luckily, I'm still getting to work at home when I can. I am only taking 1 credit hour this semester for grad. school and it's an independent study so that helps to make my schedule a little less crazy. I hope to be done in a year and a half or so but we'll see about that. I am also serving in the Young Womens in our ward and am busy with all sorts of fun-filled activities. We have a great group of girls that have good parental support which makes a huge difference. I almost forgot to mention too that I am a member of the YMCA and am very excited to be back in the gym. After a year of inconsistent exercising, I told Brad this had to change. I missed working out and the gym atmosphere and was way out of shape. Of course, I was pretty sore the first couple of weeks of exercising but it's getting better. I also have a couple events I am looking really forward to these next couple of months:
1. Feb. 15 (hopefully nothing gets in the way) I will be at the spa all day long!!!!!!!!! Brad and Mya got me a day at the spa package for christmas and I haven't had a chance to use it. I am going to feel like a new woman I think afterwards.
2. In March (also hopefully nothing gets in the way of this) I am going to a weekend scrapbooking convention in Grand Island. This is the only way I will ever get any scrapping done I think. I haven't done any of Mya's book since I was on maternity leave. What's even better is that my sister and hopefully a couple of my sister-in-laws and buddy Jenn will be going too. Girls weekend crafting!

Other than that the highlight and joy of my day still revolves around Mya - oh yeah, and Brad. More to come about those two crazy cats in the next posts.

1 comment:

Trent Winsor said...

So glad to see you have accomplished so many of your goals. I sure had a great time with Mya while you scrapbooked!