Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's new with Mya Bear?




Mya is almost 16 months old - above are her 15 month pictures. Stacie continues to amaze me with her photo taking skills b/c Mya is quite the handful for pics and is usually not too happy and always on the move - despite this Stacie always ends up w/ some cute photos for me. Mya had a huge growth spurt betwee 12 and 15 months, she grew 4 inches and gained 4 pounds!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? She has quite the cute personality and is already my little drama queen. Here are some of her latest tricks:
- she can fold her arms for prayer, it's the cutest thing ever
- she gives high fives
- she waves to anyone she sees
- she says the following words: ball, mama (usually when she's mad), dad, this, eyes (& can point to them), hi, buh bye, juice (kind of), Jason (well she just says "Jace" but she tries , she loves baby Jason and is constantly giving him hugs - the poor guy), and her latest thing is "oh no oh no oh no" It's so funny, so many things are "oh no oh no oh no." She tries to say lots of other words but I can't quite make them out yet.
- she can "dance" - meaning stomp her feet around and kind of shake her booty
- she can reach almost anything I swear no matter how high I seem to put it
- She understand so many things that I say, despite her lack of ability to completely communicate back to me - I can't believe it; it's so amazing. For example, yesterday I asked her to go get her socks. She went straight to the dresser drawer with socks in it. I then asker her to get her coat - straight to the coat closet she went. I asked her to get her shoes - back to her room she went to get them out of the closet. Whenever, I say "Mya, let's go get your milk or food" straight to the fridge she goes. I sometimes forget just how much she can actually understand already.
- she is constantly brushing her teeth and into the toothpaste/toothbrush drawer
- she can throw fits
- SHE CAN MELT YOUR HEART!
She's full of energy and keeps us on our toes but is the cutest little thing.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

She is so stinking cute!

Natalie said...

She is so cute! She is a smart little thing! That is so awesome that she went and got her socks, coat, and shoes!