Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo look who turned Two!

As if Mya hadn't had enough sugar with cake
and ice cream earlier in the evening, Grandpa
decided to feed her a rootbeer float. Oh well,
I guess Grandpas can get away w/ stuff like that.








Jenn & Mya


Grandpa Morris & his beloved buffalo & cows

Mya's cousins & friends
My buddies & their kiddos: Jenn & Peyton and Kelly & Cole

Cousin Wyatt giving pony ride.






Cowboy cousins: Maddex & Mavrik
Maddex is already a better roper than his dad!


Mya turned 2 on Oct. 7th! Can you believe it? I sure can't. Anyways, for her birthday this year we decided to have a barnyard/farm theme because if you've read my previous posts I did today, you already know that she has been obsessed with horses lately. What better place to have this barnyard themed party than at Grandpa & Grandpa McConnell's farm. We started out her party at my brother Matt's house; they have about a dozen horses. We did pony rides there; it was Mya's first time riding a horse. She wasn't so sure about it once the horse started moving. She loved feeding them though. She would get a handful of hay and feed it to the horse & then say "AWESOME!" It was so funny. Then we headed to the farm for a hayrack ride and to watch the buffalo and cows eat their dinner. That was quite a hit. My parents have been working on redoing the old milk barn so it worked out perfect to have dinner & cake in the top of the barn. See that amazing cake & cupcakes? That would be my incredible friend Jenn's talent. You know you have a wonderful friend when they take all of that time to make something like that for your daughter. Mya got lots of fun gifts & has enjoyed having some new toys in the house. Mya had a fantastic birthday party & thanks to all of our family & friends for their help. We couldn't have done it without them.

















3 comments:

Wilkerson Family said...

When did Mya get so big? We've only been gone a couple months and she's all grown up. Her hair is so long and I love the picture in you last post with all the silly bands on :) It's fun seeing her personality shine through more and more.

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

Hey Jenny! I know she's so big all of the sudden and thinks she's so old already too. She's a pretty funny girl. How are you guys doing? I hope the job is going well for Drew and that you're getting all settled in. Take care. Miss you guys.

cmjacobsen said...

Love the new pictures!! I can't believe how big Wyatt looks. We need to get up there soon. I was wondering where you had the party. Looks cool. Maranda and I had a wonderful time! Totally understood that you had family in town.